Ladies & Gentlemen!
——————————— Introduction ———————————
So you want to learn Version Control Systems.
Maybe that’s Git, GitHub, GitLab, or even Bit Buckets. Doesn’t really matter.
Let me teach you all the FUNDAMENTALS that you need to get yourself STARTED as FAST as possible.
I know that your time is precious and you’re about to start a NEW JOB at your dreams company or maybe you need to start working on your projects right away – so LET’S NOT WASTE TIME!
This course will save you PLENTY of time googling and trying to connect the dots.
So WELCOME to my Ultra Concise & Summarized Course to get yourself started!
——————————— Who is it for? ———————————
Welcome to one of the most essential courses every programmer should take – whether that’s to improve your development skills, become a better programmer, or even increasing your chances of getting your dream job.
My name is Vlad and I’m talking about none other than my Version Control Systems – Git & GitHub Ultimate Course.
——————————— About the Course ———————————
Chapter 1 – Introduction
1. Common Problems Programmer Face (2 main scenarios – no version control, no collaboration)
2. What is a VCS?
Chapter 2 – Git Essentials
1. Download & Install (covering “git version”, “git help”, “git help <command>”)
2. Configuring basic git information (name+email).
3. Creating First Git Project (creating a project directory, “git init”, “git status”, talk about “.git” directory.
4. Basic Workflow of Git (creating new “hello_world” file, “tracked vs untracked”, “3 stages”, “git add”, “git commit”, “git log”).
5. Basic Workflow of Git – Additional Practice (working with additional files in the project, modifying files, “git add .”.
6. Reviewing Changes (diff “working directory” VS “last commit”, “git diff”).
7. Removing a file from git repository (“git ls-files”, “git rm <file>”, “git rm <file1> <file2>…, “git rm -r <dir>”).
Chapter 3 – First Steps with GitHub
1. Why we need Remote Version Control System?
2. Collaboration Importance.
3. What is GitHub? Choosing RVCS!
Chapter 4 – Getting Started with GitHub
1. Creating a GitHub Account.
2. Configuring Remote GitHub Repository with Git.
Chapter 5 – Working with GitHub
1. Push Local Repository to GitHub.
2. Creating a New Repository on GitHub.
3. Clone, fork, and Pull.
4. Raw, Blame, and History.
5. Watch and Star.
6. GitHub Issues & Labels.
8. Branch & Merge.
9. Conflict Resolution.
Chapter 6 – Git Premium Content: Visualization, Flow, and Commands
1. Introduction to Extended Visualization
2. Git Local Workflow Diagram
3. Untracked files
4. Tracking New Files
5. Staging Modified Files
6. Two States After Staged
7. Committing the Changes
8. Skipping the Staging Area
Chapter 7 – Branching – Full Introduction To Merging
1. Branching – Real Life Scenarios [Intro To Merge]!
Chapter 8 – Merging – Process, Steps, and Merge Techniques
1. Merge – Fast Forward Technique
2. Merge – Recursive Merging 3-Way Merge
Chapter 9 – Conflicts Resolution
1. Merge Conflict – General Introduction
2. Merge Conflict Resolution – Core Part & Usage
Chapter 10 – Git Intermediate Level: Going Further
1. Git Status Short
2. “git log” --> Going Further
3. Git Aliases
4. Removing Files
5. Moving a file in Git
——————————— Why Version Control Systems Ultimate Course? ———————————
Since I know many of you guys want to get to business right away – I’ve created this ultimate course with the most essential content you will need to feel confident and get yourself started as fast as possible.
You will get all the necessary explanations, straight to the point, without any irrelevant content – exactly what you need.
And the last thing that I want to mention here – this course will be yours to keep as the Cheat Sheet you can and should use whenever you will need it.
So I guess you know that this course is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for you and that’s something you must have in your Developer ToolBox.
And without further ado, ENROLL in the course RIGHT NOW and I’ll see you inside.