Most of us know we should eat less and exercise more to lose weight. It’s a simple concept to understand. But if it were simple to implement, none of us would have an issue with our weight, and obesity would not be a national health concern. However, science has revealed that the ability to lose weight and maintain that loss is affected by a complex web of hundreds of physical, mental, and emotional factors.
After years of research and clinical study to identify the most important factors, Mayo Clinic has developed a plan—a fresh and practical weight-loss program that gives everyone the very best chance for success. This is not another fad diet leading to extreme short-term weight loss that’s impossible to maintain. The Mayo Clinic Diet is a straightforward plan with endless food possibilities based on a simple framework of adding five new habits, breaking five old habits, and adopting five bonus habits.
In The Mayo Clinic Diet: The Healthy Approach to Weight Loss, Donald D. Hensrud, M.D., M.P.H., shares practical tips to help you implement the behavioral changes needed to lose weight and keep it off. In 12 engaging lectures reinforced by explanatory visuals and exciting demonstrations, you will learn about setting your caloric goals, food prep shortcuts, developing a physical activity plan, and tracking your progress.
But this course also will take you a step further as you learn how your thoughts and emotions affect your weight loss, including:
- determining whether or not this is the right time for you to start a weight-loss program
- how to identify your personal motivation to lose weight
- why perfectionism doesn’t work
- taking responsibility for determining which changes you’re willing to make and how you can modify the Diet’s suggestions to meet your goals
- identifying your weaknesses and triggers so you can adjust your plan accordingly
- the crucial interplay between guilt and forgiveness
- how to identify appropriate personal goals—short-term and long-term, outcome, and performance
Mayo Clinic experts know that people who start a weight-loss program are more likely to stick with it when they see fairly quick results. But they also know achieving and maintaining a healthy weight requires a long-term plan. That’s why The Mayo Clinic Diet has a two-part strategy: Lose It! is the initial two-week plan designed to give you a safe and healthy jump-start on your weight loss, and Live It! is a lifelong approach to help you meet and maintain your goal weight.
12 lectures – 33 minutes each
SIZE: 4,9 GB
The Mayo Clinic Diet – The Healthy Approach to Weight Loss Contents: Videos, Pdf