What you’ll learn
How being creative can help you succeed in your personal and professional life
15 days of fun and stimulating practical exercises that enhance your imagination
Deep secrets of creative idea generation and development derived from the work of three genius creators – Albert Einstein, JRR Tolkien and Charles Darwin
The most accurate definition ever of the concept of creativity as it exists in not only the arts but also technology, science, social communication and more
How to use your (sleeping) dreams to access your creativity
No prior knowledge of creativity or the brain
5-10 minutes a day of focused attention for 15 days (not necessarily consecutive)
No technical skills required (e.g. drawing, painting)
This course is designed and presented by one of the world’s leading creativity experts and cognitive anthropologist, Dr. Michael Bloomfield.
The aim of the course is simple: to improve your ability to think creatively through systematic, science-based mind-body techniques. It will give an immediate boost your creative intelligence, your creative work, and your creative self.
The course is primarily practical, inviting you to engage in “experiential learning” – learning by doing, rather than by trying to memorise lots of information.
Learn the core principles of creativity and how to use them
- Learn the three key ingredients of creativity practice you need to use to boost your creative brain
- Learn the Einstein principle, the Tolkien principle and the Darwin principle – the only three ways to generate new ideas
- Carry out a set of 15 highly structured daily exercises each lasting between 5 and 10 minutes that will promote the growth of new neural pathways and train your brain to use a more creative cognitive style
- Learn how to leverage the power of your (sleeping) dreams
Course contents and overview
The introduction module explains the meaning, value and power of creativity.
After being introduced to your course designer and presenter, Dr. Michael Bloomfield, the question is asked: why be creative? The answer is multi-fold, to do with changes in today’s professional world, creativity’s power to transform your life and the deep connection between creativity and your humanity.
Then you will learn creativity’s proper definition by discovering the Three Aspects of Creativity – the three requisites that every idea must possess to qualify as creative. This will help you understand the essence of creativity better than virtually everyone else on the planet.
Then come the three practical sections:
- The Einstein module – five days
- The Tolkien module – five days
- The Darwin module – five days
Each module will give you a series of straightforward and highly effective practical exercises using your mind and body to stimulate your creativity.
To kick off you will learn the three key learning ingredients that each and every session will utilise, which taken together amount to a concentrated version of how all the great creators of history came up with their world-changing ideas.
You will then learn new insights each day into the nature of creative thought, and you will generate and develop a variety of ideas over the course of multiple sessions of immersive imagination.
One additional dimension that will be crucial to your creative journey is to activate your dreaming brain, which will add to the effectiveness and meaningfulness of your experience.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone seeking personal and professional development
- Anyone who feels they don’t think very creatively but would like to
- Creators (entrepreneurs, writers, artists and more) who already do creative work and want to improve their creative intelligence further
- Anyone curious about creativity, how it works in the brain and how to access it